I'm a social person that enjoys her time alone, but still wants to be social.. if that makes sense? I told a friend the other day that my favorite types of hangouts are when I don't have to participate in the conversation and can just sit back and take everything in. (Don't judge.) Preferably with a glass of wine in hand.

That's why I love listening to podcasts. Having people chat away about interesting topics and just having the luxury of being a avid listener.

I like to listen to podcasts while getting ready in the morning and getting ready for bed in the evening. It's also a great way to unwind.

Some of my favorite podcasts right now are...

Garance Dore's Pardon My French

We all know Garance as a wonderful illustrator and photographer! This wonderful podcast is truly a treat! Interviews with everyone from Zosie Mamet to Emily Mortimer. Listening to this podcast is like sitting in on a conversation with your best friends. Topics include everything from dating, running a business and life in general. One of my favorite bits of this podcast is that Garance's friends all come from different backgrounds and countries so the cultural take on each topic is really interesting.


Black Tapes

Honest confession and I am a little embarrassed to admit this but I was about 3 episodes in until I realized that this was a not real. Stemming from another popular podcast, this one documents a reporter Alex Regan's encounters with the paranormal. It includes a handsome Dr. Strand with a mysterious past, a missing wife and a set of black tapes. Without giving away too much you have plenty of time to catch up because it's currently on hiatus.

Lastly,

Masterpiece Studio

If you love watching Masterpiece and Masterpiece Mystery on PBS then you will love this companion podcast. The podcast recaps episodes often inviting the actors from the episodes to provide commentary and behind the scenes bits. It's was extra nice during the series finale of Downton Abbey, made the season last a little bit longer in my opinion. Still not over Downton Abbey ending.

Other Podcasts to check out!

Modern Love
GirlBoss Radio with Sophia Amoruso

What have you guys been listening to?

Post a Comment